[EquisMetaStock Group] Selecting The Scale to Merge With

I ran across a little problem that brought to light a question.

I created a moving average cross of an indicator in an expert system.
 when I sat the moving average on the indicator in the chart it asked
which side or scale to merge with.  They both appeared identical.  I
selected the right side.  It laid the moving average in.

When I attached the expert system, the buys in the expert system did
not line up with the crossovers of the indicator and moving average.
I assumed that the expert system was wrong and wasted a half hour
playing with the formula.

Then, I went back using the original expert system and reinstalled the
moving average onto the indicator telling it to use the left side
scale instead of the right.  It yielded a very different looking
moving average with crossovers that aligned with my expert system.

Any clues as to why?  When both scales appeared even?  I get the
feeling that there is some basic  of using those scales that I'm not
getting.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: