[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Selecting The Scale to Merge With

Intersting problem.

The obvious answer is to just use one side or the other. This would
increase your display size and eliminates the problem.

Since you have chosen to scale on both sides you might check to make
sure that both sides are scaled the same. Looks can be deceiving, so
just to make sure right click or double click on each scale and open
the properties. You will notice that your options are invert, semi-
log, or none.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "investpostsstill"
<disposable12@xxx> wrote:

> I ran across a little problem that brought to light a question.
>
> I created a moving average cross of an indicator in an expert
system.
>  when I sat the moving average on the indicator in the chart it
asked
> which side or scale to merge with.  They both appeared identical.
> selected the right side.  It laid the moving average in.
>
> When I attached the expert system, the buys in the expert system
did
> not line up with the crossovers of the indicator and moving
average.
> I assumed that the expert system was wrong and wasted a half hour
> playing with the formula.
>
> Then, I went back using the original expert system and reinstalled
the
> moving average onto the indicator telling it to use the left side
> scale instead of the right.  It yielded a very different looking
> moving average with crossovers that aligned with my expert system.
>
> Any clues as to why?  When both scales appeared even?  I get the
> feeling that there is some basic  of using those scales that I'm
not
> getting.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional