[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Whats wrong with this code

Got this directly from the help file in metastock. To get there open
metastock then click on the help button at the top of the screen.
Then scroll through the index to find stoch. It explains everything.

The following formula calculates a 5-period %K Stochastic Oscillator
with 3-period slowing:
(sum( C - llv(L,5), 3 ) / sum(hhv(H,5) - llv(L,5), 3) ) * 100
This next formula calculates a 3-period %D of the %K in the
preceding formula.
mov( stoch(5,3), 3, S )

In your case save time by using:

stoch(opt1,opt2) > mov(stoch(opt1,opt2),opt3,S)

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "investpostsstill"
<disposable12@xxx> wrote:

> I know you folks are big on learning to code but I'm simply not a
code
> person.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to improve this?
>
> I want to create a system test and a condition in that test is that
> stochastic is resting ABOVE it's %D. In this case I'm not after a
> cross, I'm just checking to see that Stock is above the D line.
So I
> guess this is another, Stochastic/System Tester issue around the
fact
> that they don't make it easy for non programmers to address the %d
line.

> I've tried this and got no where. That is it doesn't seem to work.
>
> stoch(opt1,opt3)> (Mov(((( C - LLV( L,opt1)) /( HHV( H,opt1 ) -
> LLV(L,opt1))) * 100 ),3,S ))
>
> I'm optimizing Stochastic and want to have this condition where I
only
> buy if the optimized stochastic is above the %D line.  My
> understanding is that D equals Mov(((( C - LLV( L,opt1)) /( HHV(
> H,opt1 ) - LLV(L,opt1))) * 100 ),3,S ))  So where am I going wrong?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)