[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Whats wrong with this code

thanks Preston, I had spotted that but thought the other code I found
on the net must be the one I should use.  I'll take this and work on
it this morning.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Got this directly from the help file in metastock. To get there open
> metastock then click on the help button at the top of the screen.
> Then scroll through the index to find stoch. It explains everything.
>
> The following formula calculates a 5-period %K Stochastic Oscillator
> with 3-period slowing:
> (sum( C - llv(L,5), 3 ) / sum(hhv(H,5) - llv(L,5), 3) ) * 100
> This next formula calculates a 3-period %D of the %K in the
> preceding formula.
> mov( stoch(5,3), 3, S )
>

> In your case save time by using:
>
> stoch(opt1,opt2) > mov(stoch(opt1,opt2),opt3,S)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "investpostsstill"
> <disposable12@> wrote:
> >
> > I know you folks are big on learning to code but I'm simply not a
> code
> > person.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to improve this?
> >
> > I want to create a system test and a condition in that test is that
> > stochastic is resting ABOVE it's %D. In this case I'm not after a
> > cross, I'm just checking to see that Stock is above the D line.
> So I
> > guess this is another, Stochastic/System Tester issue around the
> fact
> > that they don't make it easy for non programmers to address the %d
> line.
> >
> > I've tried this and got no where. That is it doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > stoch(opt1,opt3)> (Mov(((( C - LLV( L,opt1)) /( HHV( H,opt1 ) -
> > LLV(L,opt1))) * 100 ),3,S ))
> >
> > I'm optimizing Stochastic and want to have this condition where I
> only
> > buy if the optimized stochastic is above the %D line.  My
> > understanding is that D equals Mov(((( C - LLV( L,opt1)) /( HHV(
> > H,opt1 ) - LLV(L,opt1))) * 100 ),3,S ))  So where am I going wrong?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)