Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Reference to External condition function

Hi Phill

OK, that's a little clearer. I've assumed, perhaps wrongly, that you're using MS 8.01 or above. Earlier EOD versions did not have the Security() function, though it has been in PRO versions since 7 point something.

If you only require the CLOSE of XAO then it's probably best to create a variable as below. Change path name to one that is appropriate for your data.

X:=Security("C:\Equis\Stocks\ASX\Indices\XAO",C);
EntryTrigger := cond1 AND cond2 AND cond3 AND (X > Mov(X,30,S));
EntryTrigger;

If you have a version of MetaStock that does not have the security function then you would need to use the "P" variable (also known as "INDICATOR") to call the CLOSE of XAO in your formula. You would do this by opening the XAO chart, marking (highlighting or selecting) it and changing the formula to this.

X:=P;
EntryTrigger := cond1 AND cond2 AND cond3 AND (X > Mov(X,30,s));
EntryTrigger;

or to this

X:=INDICATOR;
EntryTrigger := cond1 AND cond2 AND cond3 AND (X > Mov(X,30,s));
EntryTrigger;

The P variable only calls the CLOSE from a chart but you can get around that by creating your own indicator of the prices, moving averages, or whatever you want, and marking that indicator once dropped onto the chart. The User Manual describes how to use both the P and Security() function. I haven't been able to make the P variable work with the Enhanced System Tester, but it's not necessary as you have the Security function anyway.

Regards

Roy