From: sanjayt3
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2005 5:21 AM
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Reference to External condition function

Hello Roy,
This opens up many new possibilties if we can read an externsal csv
file. How can it be done ? Could u be more elaborate
Thanks

Regards
-sanjayt

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@x...>
wrote:

> Phill
>

> The Security() function might allow this, depending on what
your "external" condition is.

> entry trigger := cond1
> AND cond2 AND cond3 AND
> Security("C:\path...\XAO", "condition or indicator 4")  > mov
(c,30,s));

> A range of other possibilities spring to mind,  including the
MetaStockCSV utilities that allow a CSV text file to be used input.
You'd need to be a little more specific about the nature of
you "external" function before you get advice that's specific to
your difficulty.