Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help with writing an Explorer in MS

Roy,

Many thanks once again for your help.....

I really appreciate it........

Cheers....

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Chorlton
>

> >Can I ask what you mean by deciding on a filter setting?  Surely
in
> the filter I would write colA AND colB;  or am I missing something?
>
> It wasn't clear (to me at least) whhether you wanted "colA AND
colB" or "colA AND colB",
> or possibly including another factor consideration from column C.
You're clear on what's
> needed and you know how to do it so that's all that matters.
>
> > Also, can you explain what the indicator is for. Sorry for the
> questions but I'm still trying to learn the MS language and in
this
> example I can't understand why the indicator is needed :-/
>
> The indicator is so that you can see on a chart what's really
happening rather than try and
> visualize in your head what you think is happening. When you're in
doubt about how to perform
> some task in an exploration it's a good idea to create an
indicator first. Then you can see on a
> chart if, when and where the result does not conform to what you
trying to achieve.

> Even experienced users transfer exploration columns to indicators
from time to time in order to
> check their logical operation at times - it's very useful
technique. After all, an exploration column
> is really just an indicator from which you get to "see" just the
value for the last bar. Use the
> indicator technique to make life and learning with MetaStock a
little easier.

> Regards
>
> Roy
> www.metastocktips.co.nz
>

> Thanks Roy,
>
> Chorlton
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Chorlton
> >

> > Try this for the exploration. You'll need to decide on a filter
> setting.
> >
> > {colA}
> > (H-L)>=4*Abs(O-C) AND H<>L;
> >
> > {colB}
> > A:=(H-L)>=4*Abs(O-C) AND H<>L;
> > Sum(A,30)>11;
> >
> > {filter}
> > {as required}
> >

> > Use this indicator to see what the binary (logical) result from
> each expression is.
> >
> > {New Indicator}
> > A:=(H-L)>=4*Abs(O-C) AND H<>L;
> > A+1.1;
> > Sum(A,30)>11;
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > Roy
> > www.metastocktips.co.nz

MS

> > Hello All,
> >
> > Can anyone offer any help on writing an Explorer which meets the
> > following criteria:
> >
> > Select stocks which have:
> >
> > 1) the Overall Spread (difference between High & Low) is >= 4x
the
> > difference between the Open & Close
> >
> > An example of a stock meeting the criteria would be one where:
> >
> > High=120, Low=55, Open=88, Close=100
> > H(120)-L(55)=65, C(100)-O(88)=12
> > 65 > 48 (4*12)
> >

> > 2) The above pattern (which is for 1day) has occurred 12 times
in
> > the last 30 periods
> >

> > Basically, I want to do a search for stocks which regularly
reach
> > extended highs & lows but open & close within a short range AND
> have
> > followed this pattern for a number of days within a set period.
> Does
> > this make sense??
> >

> > Any help would be appreciated as I'm getting a bit comfused
trying
> > to code it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chorlton

> course  Business finance class
> >       Small business finance  Business finance schools  Business
> finance small software

of
> Service.

--

course  Business finance class
>       Small business finance  Business finance schools  Business
finance small software

Service.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM