[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Problems with EOD from Paritech

Chorlton,

DataDirector2 uses distribution profiles to allocate data. To find
the distribution profile location have a look at the link below.

http://www.paritech.co.uk/support/datadirector/faq_dd2/distlist.asp

Once you find the distribution profile you can open it with notepad
to see if your missing codes are there or not.

Database maintenance should've come with your Datadirector program.
Have a look at this link for more info on it.

http://www.paritech.co.uk/support/datadirector/dm/maint-faq.asp#run

In AU all maintenance are performed on one destination database. If
you have any other destination database (data would be directed to
these via your distribution profiles) then you need to apply any
maintenance actions using Datadirector2, see link below.

http://www.paritech.co.uk/support/datadirector/faq_dd2/dm.asp

Hope it helps.

Lou

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy"
<micro_dot_uk@xxxx> wrote:

> Lou,
>

> Thanks for the reply....
>
> If you don't mind can you expand on your following 2 points as I'm
> fairly new to this and not sure how to go about it.
>

> " - Check your distribution profiles just to make sure those
symbols
> are still there. "
>
> Do you mean have a look in the appropriate folders in Metastock to
> see if the relevant stocks are there?
>
> "- Try running database maintenance then copy history to your
other
>  destination databases"
>
> How would I go about running database maintenance? Is this
somewhere
> in the DataDirector 2?  And what advantage does this step do??
>
> Once again, Thanks for the help & sorry about the questions.......
>
> Chorlton
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, loudhoward2 <no_reply@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Chorlton,
> >
> > I use Paritech AU. I know they had some major server go down
last
> > week or so.
> >
> > When I experience these sorts of problems I usually check the
> > following:
> >
> > - Check your distribution profiles just to make sure those
symbols
> > are still there.
> > - Try running database maintenance then copy history to your
other
> > destination databases
> >
> > Failing that I normally call up tech support.
> >
> > Hope it helps,
> >
> > Lou
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy"
> > <micro_dot_uk@xxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Can anyone help me?
> > >
> > > Since 02-12-05, I have been experiencing major problems with
> > missing
> > > data. :-(
> > >
> > > The data I'm using is UK Stocks EOD from Paritech.
> > >
> > > Below are just a small handful of the stocks which show
missing
> > > data. These ones only have data up to 02-12-05.
> > >
> > > NLR Neteller
> > > CASH Cardpoint
> > > FAO First Africa Oil
> > > SBT Sporting Bet
> > > SBE Sibir Energy
> > > RPT Regal Petroleum
> > >

> > > Can anyone who uses Paritech for UK Stocks EOD confirm whether
> > they
> > > are also experiencing similar problems with the above stocks.
> > have
> > > contacted Paritech but to date, have not received a reply :-(
> > >

> > > Any feedback from this bb would be gratefully received......
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Chorlton

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM