[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Problems with EOD from Paritech

Lou,

Thanks for the reply....

If you don't mind can you expand on your following 2 points as I'm
fairly new to this and not sure how to go about it.

" - Check your distribution profiles just to make sure those symbols
are still there. "

Do you mean have a look in the appropriate folders in Metastock to
see if the relevant stocks are there?

"- Try running database maintenance then copy history to your other
 destination databases"

How would I go about running database maintenance? Is this somewhere
in the DataDirector 2?  And what advantage does this step do??

Once again, Thanks for the help & sorry about the questions.......

Chorlton

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, loudhoward2 <no_reply@xxxx>
wrote:

> Chorlton,
>
> I use Paritech AU. I know they had some major server go down last
> week or so.
>
> When I experience these sorts of problems I usually check the
> following:
>
> - Check your distribution profiles just to make sure those symbols
> are still there.
> - Try running database maintenance then copy history to your other
> destination databases
>
> Failing that I normally call up tech support.
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Lou
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy"
> <micro_dot_uk@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Can anyone help me?
> >
> > Since 02-12-05, I have been experiencing major problems with
> missing
> > data. :-(
> >
> > The data I'm using is UK Stocks EOD from Paritech.
> >
> > Below are just a small handful of the stocks which show missing
> > data. These ones only have data up to 02-12-05.
> >
> > NLR Neteller
> > CASH Cardpoint
> > FAO First Africa Oil
> > SBT Sporting Bet
> > SBE Sibir Energy
> > RPT Regal Petroleum
> >

> > Can anyone who uses Paritech for UK Stocks EOD confirm whether
> they
> > are also experiencing similar problems with the above stocks. I
> have
> > contacted Paritech but to date, have not received a reply :-(
> >

> > Any feedback from this bb would be gratefully received......
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chorlton

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM