RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help with a New Exploration

Hi Chorlton,

The revised code would be

M1:=Mov(HIGH,10,SIMPLE);
M2:=Mov(Low,8,SIMPLE);
Long=Sum(L>Max(M1,M2),2)=2;

Short:=Sum(H<Min(M1,M2),2)=2;

Long or Short

{Adding a minus sign in front of the word Short will allow

you to plot different visual signal for long and short};

The only issue you may strike with this setup is that in a prolonged trend you are going to get MANY signals.

As such you may want to filter some out with a latch, or a really easy way that I some times use is to add the following

Long:=Long and Sum(Long,5)=1;

The 5 can be changed to what ever period you like, and the resultant 1 can be as well.

The reverse for the short would be

Short:=Short and Sum(Short,5)=1;

Have a play around with the code, and with different parameters until you get the result you are looking for.

To add to an Expert, create a new Expert Advisor, goto the Symbols tab, click on new, add in the code

I would give a more detailed response for the Expert advisor setup but I have to head off to work.

Regards,

Tim Hyder

A successful man is one who can build a firm

foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.

David Brinkley