Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock 9 Vs Windows XP

Sorry guys I was gone all afternoon ... Alright the first step I would
suggest is to make sure that metastock and the downloader are closed.
Now click on start, search and in the name type

~MSFL.*

Make sure to search the c drive ...
Delete all the files come up in the result (Make sure you use ~ )

Now try your explorations again but run them on just one folder ...
Now if it works fine, run the exploration on the next folder, do this
until you find a folder that crashes ...
My bet is one of the data folders being scanned is corrupted and you
might need to recreate it. Of course after each crash start with the
first steps ...

I hope this helps :D

Patrick

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dr torque <drtorque@xxxx> wrote:
> *
>
> mswin has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
> inconvenience.
> *and this is mine.
>
> On 10/2/05, chorlton_c_hardy <micro_dot_uk@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Ok Guys,
> >

> > My apologies for not supplying the error message. Here's the latest
> > one I've received.
> >
> > mswin has encountered a problem and needs to close
> >
> > Error Signature:
> > AppName: mswin.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.0 <http://9.0.0.0/> ModName: unknown
> > ModVer: 0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0/> Offset: 01b60014
> >
> > (PS I have not included the technical information as there's pages &
> > pages of it)
> >

> > The explorations are simple ones that I have written and I have
> > supplied the code for the one which resulted in the above error
> > message. See below:
> >
> > V>Mov(V,30,S)*3
> >

> > Should you need further info, please let me know.
> >
> > PS. With regard to the temporary msfl files, how do I go about
> > deleting them? Sorry for the probably obvious question but I'm new
> > to Metastock.
> >
> > Cheers.............
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dr torque <drtorque@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > "Have you made sure to delete the
> > > temporary msfl files after each crash ..."
> > > where are they how can i delte them?
> > > why do i delete them?
> > >
> > > thanks

> > Runs
> > statement). I
> > not even

> > Charts & Data
> > http://www.masterdata.com/>

course<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+finance+course&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=Small+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+small+software&w6=Business+finance+online&c=6&s=187&.sig=C2tTk9DZzBq1hryPj5Jcng>
Business
> > finance online
course<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+finance+online+course&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=Small+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+small+software&w6=Business+finance+online&c=6&s=187&.sig=C2IREsmsx-AmVmMWxD0Ceg>
Business
> > finance
class<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+finance+class&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=Small+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+small+software&w6=Business+finance+online&c=6&s=187&.sig=80RP4sFwRvPg6u_6c4uCYw>
 Small
> > business
finance<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Small+business+finance&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=Small+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+small+software&w6=Business+finance+online&c=6&s=187&.sig=Mnynjzo3tD-vlpEiodqZMw>
Business
> > finance small
software<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+finance+small+software&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=Small+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+small+software&w6=Business+finance+online&c=6&s=187&.sig=Cyy5a1Ov9dDNKG1ZzI_NxQ>
Business
online<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+finance+online&w1=Business+finance+course&w2=Business+finance+online+course&w3=Business+finance+class&w4=Small+business+finance&w5=Business+finance+small+software&w6=Business+finance+online&c=6&s=187&.sig=uKx8GGwih51h_s_FB2alhQ>

> >     - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> >    Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RvFikB/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/BefplB/TM