[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Comparing multiple issues by percentage

Someone on the other site asked about the Metastock Programming Study
Guide for $250. Here was my response.

In my opinion, you would be much, much better off with Roy Larsen's
newsletter, Metastock Tips and Tricks. I've read it, and it's the
best I've seen, without exception.

www.metastocktips.co.nz

The explanations and examples are more indepth and on point. If
you're going to spend time learning to use MS function language, you
might as well learn it right.

In addition, a lot of the formula's published on other websties
(except Jose's and Roy's) are incorrectly coded. Even Equis puts
formula's in TASC and on their website that sometimes have errors in
them. If you don't know the MS function language, you're asking for
trouble blindly copying MS code from other sources.

A lot of people try to short cut the learning of the language by
coming back to this and other boards all the time with "help me
please" posts. In addition, they copy everything they can find, and
they have no clue if it's right. That will cost them a lot of money
in the future. You can count on it. There are no short cuts. You have
to learn how to do this for yourself, or you'll pay for it in the
long run.

Keep all of the newsletters in a three ringed binder and in a short
while you will have a collection of MS information second to none.
For $99 nothing else comes close. Nothing!

Most of us that have been doing this for awhile learn the language
and then put together code libraries that we use to program new
stuff. Based on my experience, as you read Roy's newsletter, you'll
be well on your way to putting together a first rate code library of
your own. I think my code library is worth far more than the price of
MS.

In the mean time, read the MS formula primer that's available for
free. You'll get just about as much out of it as in the
other "books". Then Roy's explanation will fill in the gaps and
you'll really be able to use the function language the way it's
suppose to be used.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM