Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock 8.01 freezes

I had a similar problem with 9.0 EOD. If you get the
MSwin error, your default template maybe corrupted.

Try this:

go to Start and
Search and look for ~msfl.* and delete any files you
find.  Now hold
down the Shift + Ctrl keys and click on your MetaStock
icon, continue
holding down the keys until you get a message asking
if you are sure
that you want to delete your user settings, you will
say yes and then
enter your first and last name when prompted.
MetaStock should now
open.

- Recreate your default template.  You can do this
simply by going to File\New\Chart then Options and
Open with Template and select the
Clean template open a chart and set it up like you
want and then right
click in the chart and Save as Default Template. When
you open your Smart Chart, apply your favorite
template

-

--- Richard Dale <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Try updating your video driver.  I've often seen
> problems in this area with
> MetaStock and complex layouts.
>
> eg. if you have an nVidia based graphics card, go to
> www.nvidia.com
>
> Best regards,
> Richard Dale
> Norgate Investor Services
> - Premium Quality Stock, Futures & Forex Data  -
> www.premiumdata.net

=====
Dave Tolbert
Blue Skies!