From: Harry M. Ward [mailto:hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 12:28 AM
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Subject: Linear Regression / Linear
Regression Slope Relationship

On 17 Aug 2004 14:23:07 -0000, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>Harry:
>>
>>Please do send me the clarification, or better still post it here.

I sent Roy an Excel spreadsheet containing a detailed example. I don't
think I can include an attachment to E-mails in this forum. If you
want, I can send the spreadsheet directly to you.

To summarize my findings, I looked at GM for 21 trading days in July.
I performed three sets of calculations:
1. "manually", using the formulas I posted earlier;
2. using the Excel functions for slope and intercept; and
3. using linregslope() in Metastock.

All gave essentially the same results.

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM