[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Stochastics

Preston,
I saw this formula in help but was not sure if it was calculating what
I wanted. I was a bit confused with Stochastics as I was not aware
that Full Stochastics which requires 3 inputs is different from Slow
Stochastics...
I found a good explaination at
http://www.stockcharts.com/education/IndicatorAnal
ysis/indic_stochasticOscillator.html
I am including the formula I built for anybody's use.
If you (or anybody) find a bug in it, please let me know...
{For full stochastics using three periods}
Period1 := Input("Time Period1", 1, 100, 12);
Period2 := Input("Time Period2", 1, 100, 3);
Period3 := Input("Time Period3", 1, 100, 3);
a:=HHV(H ,Period1)-LLV(L,Period1);
b:=C-LLV(L,Period1);
Kfast:=b/a;
Kfull:=Mov(Kfast,Period2,S);
Dfull:=Mov(Kfull,Period3,S);
Kfull*100;Dfull*100

Rahul

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Rahul,
>
> The manual covers this. Further, every copy of metastock has a help
> file. You should learn to use it. This comes directly from that
file.

> The following formula calculates a 5-period %K Stochastic
Oscillator

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511