[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Stochastics

Rahul,

Great job!! You have done your homework and it appears that it paid
off. Metastock has a wealth of information right at your finger tips.
Problem is that most people don't go there first or will get
frustrated and give up or not even try at all. The Stockcharts site
is an excellent resource tool. Next time you might also try
http://purebytes.com/archives/
where you will find the indicator that you just wrote in an archive
search.:-)

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rahul" <me@xxxx> wrote:
> Preston,
> I saw this formula in help but was not sure if it was calculating
what
> I wanted. I was a bit confused with Stochastics as I was not aware
> that Full Stochastics which requires 3 inputs is different from Slow
> Stochastics...
> I found a good explaination at
> http://www.stockcharts.com/education/IndicatorAnal
> ysis/indic_stochasticOscillator.html
> I am including the formula I built for anybody's use.
> If you (or anybody) find a bug in it, please let me know...
> {For full stochastics using three periods}
> Period1 := Input("Time Period1", 1, 100, 12);
> Period2 := Input("Time Period2", 1, 100, 3);
> Period3 := Input("Time Period3", 1, 100, 3);
> a:=HHV(H ,Period1)-LLV(L,Period1);
> b:=C-LLV(L,Period1);
> Kfast:=b/a;
> Kfull:=Mov(Kfast,Period2,S);
> Dfull:=Mov(Kfull,Period3,S);
> Kfull*100;Dfull*100
>
> Rahul
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Rahul,
> >
> > The manual covers this. Further, every copy of metastock has a
help
> > file. You should learn to use it. This comes directly from that
> file.
> >
> > The following formula calculates a 5-period %K Stochastic
> Oscillator
> > with 3-period slowing:
> > (sum( C - llv(L,5), 3 ) / sum(hhv(H,5) - llv(L,5), 3) ) * 100
> > This next formula calculates a 3-period %D of the %K in the
> preceding
> > formula.
> > mov( stoch(5,3), 3, S )
> >
> > Preston
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rahul" <me@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I tried searching archives. But couldnt find anything.
> > > Any help would be welcome.
> > > Again, I need to know how to build slow stochastics function.
> > > Regards
> > > Rahul

Slow