[Metastockusers] Re: Buying used copies of MS

I fully agree with super's rationale.  TANSTAAFL - there ain't no
such thing as a free lunch!

However, IMHO on a competitive analysis basis, Equis' pricing for MS
(both EOD and RT) is about twice what it should be these days.
There is already, from my viewpoint, a bit of gouging going on ...
MS covering for the illegal copies and semilegal resales, etc.  If
they raise prices any further, they will price themselves out of the
market.

FWIW, JMHO.

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "superfragalist"
<jackolso@xxxx> wrote:
> [...]
can
> argue with the instructor about why everythnig in the world should
be
> free for those who can't afford to pay for it--or who won't pay
for
> it because they get think they think they've got a cleaver
argument
> to get over on the company. That way you won't fill our mail boxes
> with this constant whinning.
>
> Equis has some of the best technical support, not only in this
> industry, but in the software business as a whole. Try calling
> Microsoft or Quicken, or anybody else for that matter. If you
aren't
> put on hold for 1 or 2 hours, you'll get a clone who can't do more
> than read the help desk screen and couldn't answer your question
with
> a gun pointed at their head. Quicken wants a buck a minute to
answer
> anything.
>
> MS is a very, very complex program. About 90% of the users don't
> bother reading the manual. They post ridiculous questions on here,
or
> they call Equis because calling is easier than reading. It may be
> easier to call, but it runs the cost of support up, which all of
us
> have to pay for.
>
> I vote to keep the price of MS lower, avoid giving you support,
and
> setting up a separate board for wailing and whinning.
>
> You can always read the manual. That's free! And it's a better use
of
> time as opposed to using your time to post these worthless
messages.

> --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jjef1951" <jjef1951@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > And why not?!  Why should anything be needed, except some
paperwork
> > signed by you and me indicating we have both agreed to transfer
the
> > official registration of that particular product from you to me?
> >
> > Equis has made money from 1) the original "legitimate" sale of
the
> > (presumably) shrink-wrapped product shipped by them; and 2),
> > the "legitimate" upgrade to a newer version.  Why should they
not
> > continue to support the older version (assuming it is not at the
> end
> > of its life cycle), just because it has changed hands?
> >

> > --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "zvior" <zvior@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > One possible scenario:
> > > I have MetaStock 8.0. I purchase from Equis an upgrade to ver.
> 9.0
> > > for approximately 1/3 of a new version's price. Then I sell
you
> the
> > > previous (MS 8.0) copy.
> > > Are you expect for Equis to honour this deal?

considering