Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: backtesting

Hi Jose,

As usual, your words are full of wisdom.  Last question:  which version of Tradesim do you recommend?  Will the simple one for $149.00 do the trick?

Thanks,
AlJose <josesilva22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Al,"Perhaps you can tell me what I might require if I wanted to test out a few simple formulas on a few pairs of currencies in the forex market."You would need MetaStock, TradeSim, Forex data, and a spare afternoon to get acquainted with TradeSim.http://www.compuvision.com.au/index.htmAll the backtesting formula writing is done in MetaStock explorations, so the learning curve for this part of the process is basically flat."... was wondering if MS 8.0 Pro has the capability of doing a decent job or is Tradesim much better?"Again, MetaStock (any version) cannot begin to compare to TradeSim.These backtest charts don't include extensive reports:<A
 href="">http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/Pegasus/Peg-Eqty.htm"Furthermore, suppose I bought a plug in for MS 8.0 and wanted to test one of their indicators in conjunction with my own formula of a simple moving average crossover, can this be done or does the backtesting only apply to formulas applied in the "indicator builder" in MS 8.0 Pro?"No Problem.  Anything that can be used in MetaStock can be passed on to TradeSim's backtest analysis.  Any indicators/formulae combination.If you are serious about backtesting (and we all should be), you won't regret using TradeSim.My only regret is that I wasted two years developing non-performing systems in a blind way, using the MS system tester.  After all, there is a lot more to a successful system than the bottom profit line.Regards,jose--- In
 equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, elnaseer dina <zebra7860@xxxx> wrote:> Hello Jose,>  > A while ago you recommended Tradesim as a good software for backtesting.  Perhaps you can tell me what I might require if I wanted to test out a few simple formulas on a few pairs of currencies in the forex market.  I don't really need to look at anything more than perhaps 3 -5 pairs of currencies and was wondering if MS 8.0 Pro has the capability of doing a decent job or is Tradesim much better?   Furthermore, suppose I bought a plug in for MS 8.0 and wanted to test one of their indicators in conjunction with my own formula of a simple moving average crossover, can this be done or does the backtesting only apply to formulas applied in the "indicator builder" in MS 8.0 Pro?>  > Thanks for your time.>  > Kind regards,> Al

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor