[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Bressert Plug-In With 9.0

Jay,

Check your Explorer settings (the MS v9 installation may have reset
them to unsuitable default values) - in particular, records loaded.

FmlVar references variables within indicators which may or may not be
visible on the indicator pull down list - check their settings in the
Indicator Builder.

Always assume first that the problem is somewhere between the keyboard
and the chair - it will save you a lot of time when you personally
resolve the issue, and as a bonus, you will learn a lot more about the
operation of MetaStock.

jose '-)
http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/pegasus.htm

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jay T" <JaysTownsend@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Prior to the installation of MS 9.0 I exported all my formulas, etc.
to a backup file so that I could restore them in the event the
installation destroyed them.  After installing and then importing
everything, my Bressert Profit Trader seemed to work fine.  All the
formulas appeared to be there and the Expert Advisers were there and
attached just fine.  However, in running several Bressert
Explorations, none of them selected records in the reports.  Yet in
scrolling through my charts with the corresponding Bressert Expert
Advisers attached, I got lots of Buy and Sell signals.

> Because I had not created a copy of the Bressert Plug-In when I
bought it, I contacted their support site and was given the address to
re-download it, which I did this morning.  After downloading and
installing it again, I have the same problem.  One of the really
screwy things is that in the Bressert explorations it is calling out
two FmlVar's in one reference, the second of which is not listed
anywhere in the formula pull down list, even though I have both
imported all formulas and have reinstalled the plug-in.  Normally (if
anything is normal in MS) MS would give an error message if it can't
find a formula but it is not doing this.

> I will be doing a detail documentation of this problem and reporting
it to both Equis and Bressert, but haven't yet had time to do so, but
wanted to first find out if others had run into this.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511