Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Weekly MACD histogram

Alan,

Let me begin by stating that Dr.Alexander Elder
is not my friend, relative nor am I associated with him in any way.

If I were you, I would not be calling
Dr.Alexander Elder a shyster or conman.
Firstly, I suggest that you write four or five
books, come up to his level, and then call him a shyster.

Secondly, the MACD was devised by Gerald Appel,
and not Dr.Elder.

Thirdly, there are several of Dr.Elder's maths
converted to indicators. Force Indicator is one which comes to my mind
straightaway.

Fourthly, it is not his fault that you have not
heard of him. You are just advertising your ignorance. He too has not heard of
you.

There are several people on board this group who
help Metastock users stuck in a jam. Everyone here has certain special skills
and many come forward to offer assistance without any expectations of any
rewards, except an acknowledgement of their contributions.

You seem to be young, by the flow of your
comments. And a relatively new user of MS. For
your necessary information, even Metastock's MACD is not
exactly what Appel has written it like, because of MS's
handling of its maths, and taking legitimate "shortcuts".

So do not think that MS is the ultimate math
tool.

My very humble suggestion will be to please
temper your tone of posts, and you will receive a lot. Later you also will be in
a position to offer something back to the group.

DusantChief Architect<A
href="">http://www.candlestrength.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE