Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to remove 3 highest/lowest values in a range

JD

> Believe me I know MS's limitations! I was just curious when you use the same
> name twice, does MS "process" just the 2nd one or both?

MS processes everything in an orderly sequence. Just as it moves from bar one on the left bar-by-bar
to the right in sequence so it moves from the top of an indictor to the bottom, one variable/line at
a time.

Once a variable is created the result is available for all subsequent code to use. The existing
value of this variable can now be modified to include some other parameter over and above it's
existing definition, or it can be recreated as something entirely new.

When modified or recreated (variable name is reused for a completely different function) any prior
use of this variable name within the indicator (or exploration etc) is still valid but only the new
definition is valid for subsequent use.

In practical terms what this means is that a variable name can be used several times for several
different purposes within one indicator, but an FmlVar() call from somewhere else can only access
the LAST definition.

It's all to do with the bar-by-bar and line-by-line sequential processing. This ability to modify or
redefine variables blows the 20 variable limit out of the water. Space then becomes more of a
problem.

Roy

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511