[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metastock vs AmiBroker vs TradeSim

Jose,

I have tried the fix for the B-indicator, replace last line, and have
not yet obtained the results sought. I will continue to work on
it but am interested in your reference to Roy's TE indicators. To
what do you allude?

Thanks, Bill

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose" <josesilva22@xxxx>

<d.ankrapp@xx
> ..> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently clicked onto the Amibroker site and was impressed with
> the
> > software AmiBroker 4.5, especially the back-testing capabilities.
> The
> > price of the software is extremely inexpensive (approx. $130 USD
for
> > the EOD version) and seems to be "equal" in capabilities to
> Metastock
> > 8.01 (I own the EOD version of MS). Has anybody used Amibroker,
> > especially its backtesting capabilities?
> >
> > My real concern is all of the negative comments I've read from the
> > various Metastock discussion forums regarding Metastock's *flawed*
> > backtesting capabilities. Has anybody used TradeSim? Is buying the
> > standard version of TradeSim (approx. $150 USD) the answer to
> > obtaining a reliable backtesting program for Metastock? Or would
> > I be better off buying AmiBroker? In no way am I bashing
MetaStock.