RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Plugins...Worth the investment? Which one then...which...whose.. syste

  • To: <equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Plugins...Worth the investment? Which one then...which...whose.. syste
  • From: "Joe J." <jojab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:13:28 -0800

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2> Terrance wrote:

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>"Please pardon my ignorance, but I realise that a lot of
individuals would rather formulate your own strategies and trading systems.
I reckon you're all geniuses and I do admit that I don't even have a
basic comprehension of the formulas. The whole issue stumps me and I
think I might need years to even get a useful understanding of the
concepts.<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2> "

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Yes, you will need years.  There are no short-cuts in trading.
My advice would be to learn, learn and learn before you trade.  Read,
study and educate yourself.  Either that or just write a check now to all
the so-called geniuses out there.
 <SPAN
class=043004818-17032004> <FONT
face="Courier New" color=#000000 size=3>"Which is why all
these plugins being advertised on the Metastock website and also other
respectable sites attract my attention so much. At this point, I really do
not know of any other available way that I could leverage upon to get into
the market without it being a gamble.<FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2> "

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Again, read, learn and study.
 <SPAN
class=043004818-17032004> <FONT
face="Courier New" color=#000000 size=3>"The thing is, if
these plugins really claim to be filtered from the best of the best
throughout time (constantly outperforming others), then wouldn't it be just
worth while to invest in some of them and let them scan and predict the
market for us? The way these plugins are being marketed, makes them sound
like all you have to do is scan with the Explorer, use Systems Tester and
Expert, and when  everything clicks (signs of buy or sell signals),
just take action and make your money. Is it really that simple?<SPAN
class=043004818-17032004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2> "

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Terence, what do you honestly think?  How many traders are
listed in the Fortune 400?  How many of those made their money from MS
plug-ins?  Go through the archives of this list or any other MS list.
How many messages on the plug-ins say something along the lines of, "Wow, have
you guys tried XYZ plug-in yet?  I made a million bucks last month with no
losing trades".
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
It
is not to say that all MS plug-ins are worthless (although I don't personally
own any - tried a few over the years but returned them all for various
reasons) but to think that they might be a short-cut to trading success is
a grave mistake in my opinion.  For example, let's say you take XYZ plug-in
out of the box and generate some buy signals.  Let's say the first three
fail.  Now what?  Is that normal?  Why have they lost?
Without in-depth knowledge of your indicators, money-management, etc. you
won't know.

Good
Trading,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff