Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] exploration help

try this :
enter long:
(mov(c,opt1,s)>mov(c,opt2,s))

(mov(c,opt3,s)>mov(c,opt4,s))

close long =enter short
(mov(c,opt1,s)>mov(c,opt2,s))
<

and

close short = enter long
let me know
msolferino <solferino@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,I have a simple trading system I am using and was wondering if somebody could help me with an exploration.  The system basically trades on a 60 minute time frame and consists of two moving averages.  A 5 period EMA and an 8 period SMA.  When the 5EMA crosses the 8SMA I am long, when the 5EMA crosses below the 8SMA I close long and go short.  Formula as follows...    Mov(C,5,E) > Mov(C,8,S)  go long                         Mov(C,8,S) < Mov(C,5,E)  go shortThis could be for any time frame, I have been using it on 60 minute.What I would like some help with is running an exploration on a group of stocks.  Is there a way to to assign a condition
 to this formula which could basically say; if you are long that would be condition A and if you are short that would be condition B.  Then run an exploration that will sort for stocks that have the highest average of staying in condition A or B for the most 60 minute bar periods.  In other word stocks that have recently been trending between condition A and  B for a minimum of 8 periods at a time as an example.This hopefully would bring up a list of stocks that tend to not whip back and forth.  Does this make sense?  If anybody can help I would appreciate the learning experience.  Thanks,MarcYahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam