[EquisMetaStock Group] exploration help

Hi all,

I have a simple trading system I am using and was wondering if
somebody could help me with an exploration.  The system basically
trades on a 60 minute time frame and consists of two moving
averages.  A 5 period EMA and an 8 period SMA.  When the 5EMA
crosses the 8SMA I am long, when the 5EMA crosses below the 8SMA I
close long and go short.

Formula as follows...    Mov(C,5,E) > Mov(C,8,S)  go long
                         Mov(C,8,S) < Mov(C,5,E)  go short

This could be for any time frame, I have been using it on 60 minute.

What I would like some help with is running an exploration on a
group of stocks.  Is there a way to to assign a condition to this
formula which could basically say; if you are long that would be
condition A and if you are short that would be condition B.  Then
run an exploration that will sort for stocks that have the highest
average of staying in condition A or B for the most 60 minute
bar periods.  In other word stocks that have recently been trending
between condition A and  B for a minimum of 8 periods at a
time as an example.

This hopefully would bring up a list of stocks that tend to not whip
back and forth.  Does this make sense?  If anybody can help I would
appreciate the learning experience.  Thanks,

Marc

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511