From: "mlaporte99" <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>mlaporte99@xxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 19:46
PM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] LLV: "...must
contain only constant data"
<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> Hello,> > I have built a custom formula, which always
returns a number > between -5 and 5 for each period.> > I
want to test this formula so a buy signal is flagged each time the >
value crosses -1 from under.  *BUT*, I also want to make sure that >
before crossing -1, the result of my formula was less than -2 during >
its "run" under.> In other words, I do not want to buy a stock that
crosses -1, but > that did not previously go under -2 during its
run.> > To accomplish this, I have written the following in my
"Buy Order":> > <<<---------Formula--------->
VVP:= FML("Martin(VVP)"); {ref to my formula}>
PerSinceLower:=BarsSince(VVP<-1); {Periods since result has been >
under -1}> LowestValue:=LLV(VVP,PerSinceLower); {Tries to determine the
> lowest value since result has been under -1} >
---------Formula--------->>>> > > My problem is
that the LLV does not accept a variable for the > PERIODS
parameter.> > Does anyone have a suggestion?  Any help will
be greatly appreciated.> > Thanks!>
Martin

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Click Here