[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Expert Problem

Try this:

---8<-----------------------

{ Today's data date, user input section }

day:= 31;     { today (1~31)          }
mth:= 01;     { current month (1~12)  }
yr:= 2004;    { current year, eg 2004 }

{ *********************************** }

active:=Year()>yr-1
 OR (Year()=yr-1 AND (Month()>mth
  OR Month()=mth AND DayOfMonth()>=day));
start:=Cum(active)=1;

C>Ref(HighestSince(1,start,C),-1)

---8<-----------------------

jose '-)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tim Hyder" <prez@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have created an expert to colour in all candles that are at a new
12
> month high.
>
> However I am having troubles with all charts that have less than 12
> months worth of data, as the expert keeps generating errors, which
is
> then causing me other problems.
>
> Originally I had it nice and simple.
> H=HHV(H,260);
>
> After getting the errors I tried
> X:=Cum(1);
> If(X>=260,H=HHV(H,260),0);
>
> But I am still getting the error, as it seems that MS executes all
> elements of the IF statement in the compiler and so still raises the
> error, even though this part of the code is irrelevant.
>
> Am I looking at this all wrong, and does anyone know a work around
for
> this problem.?
>
> Regards,
> Tim.