Re: [Metastockusers] old metastockformat

In a message dated 1/25/2004 4:02:57 AM Pacific Standard Time, josef.schrattbauer@xxxxxx writes:
hii need for an programm the old metastockformat.so does anybody know where i can get an old metastock format? or does anybody know a dataprogramm where i can make from ascii to old metastock format? or any other format to old MS?thxjosef
The early MS user manuals had a BASIC program listing which would read MS format which basically allowed you to figure out the format.  They stopped including this listing around V 3 or 4.  If you go to:

http://www.the7soft.com/file-formats/file-formats-Financial/file-formats.html

and click on the "get it" for either the Metastock or Metastock/ Computrac you will get with either one a Word document which explains the formats in detail.  The original Metastock format was identical to the Computrac format.  When or where they parted ways I don't know but if I'm not mistaken, the old MS format is upward compatible with current programs that read it.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/