Re: [Metastockusers] weekly charts daily indicator

Claud

> Isn't a 100 hundred day moving average the same as a 20 week moving
> average? So why not use (100,simple,close)?

No they're not the same. To suggest they are would be similar to my suggesting that a simple moving
average is the same as an exponential moving average. One may substitute roughly for the other but
they are not the same. A 100 day SMA has 100 data points whereas a 20 week SMA has only 20. Chances
are high that none of the 5 daily SMA values would come close to the actual weekly values either.

You may choose to use a 100 day SMA as an approximation or substitute for a 20 week SMA and that's
OK, but understand that they are not the same