Re: [Metastockusers] Re: Explorer Newbie

Scott

> It worked - thanks for the assistance. Scott
>
> --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Set the "Load Records" to at least 100 instead of using "Minimum"

It's nice to be right first time once in a while. I appreciate you confirming that the "fix"
actually worked.

As to why it worked, I've posted a number of times on the subject. To cut a long story short the
problem is caused by the amount of data used in exponential moving averages (and Wilders Smoothing)
that form an essential part of many indicators. EMA's use ALL the data available, not just the
specified lookback period. Therefore if left to its own devices an exploration might only use 14
periods whereas your chart uses 1000 periods (say). The extra residual data in a chart EMA can make
quite a difference.

Roy

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511