Re: [Metastockusers] Re: Macd condition

Preston, maybe there is something escape (I hope it's a right
translation) me.

Here we see two charts; Dow Jones and S&P 500.
By using a difference z=x-y I refer to something depending from the
value x and the calue y.
I think different prices imply different moving averages. This implies
different macd and therefore different ma(macd).
So this implies different values for the hystogram from a chart to
another.

My aim is to have a standard indicator for every chart with values not
depending from the absolute valure of close (and moving averages...) of everyone
in order to use standard explorations and systems.

r.

<BLOCKQUOTE
>Robin,Using
  a relative or normalized indicator would be useful if as you say you are
  measuring an indicator that is price related. In the case of the macd, it
  is the difference between a short moving average and a longer moving
  average. You are using the value of the difference.That's not to say
  that you couldn't use a relative MACD just that it is not necessary.
  Preston--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood"
  <robinhood@xxxx> wrote:> Preston, I'm looking for a "relative
  macd" becasuse this indicator woyld be useful for me in a trading system
  formula which will be applied to stocks with different absolute prices. So
  I need something different - and relative - from macd (the moving averages
  of wich depend from the price of stock) in order to apply mi trading
  ideas.> > r.> > > >
  >   Robin,> >   Great ideas! A
  "Relative MACD" and a MACD are two completely >   different
  animals. If you want to see when the MACD is flat there is
  >   no need to make it relative.> >
  The use of absolute ISTO is a good idea. It actually saves a few
  >   steps and allows for both the positive and negative
  comparison at the >   same time. I would change the less
  than argument to less than equal >   to, like
  this:> >   If(HHV(Abs(Isto),3)<= 0.4,0,1)>
  >   You might also want to look at ROC as a
  percentage.> > >   Preston> >
  > >   --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin
  Hood" <robinhood@xxxx> >
  wrote:>   > Looking for something that let me know when
  Macd is in flat >   condition, I tried to make relative and
  not absolute Macd hystogram.>   > This, becasuse of
  may idea was to see when it is around zero point >   for
  every stock and for more than one day.>   >
  -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  ------------>   > >   >
  >   > PrimaMM:=Input("PrimaMM",2 {Minimum}, 200{Maximum},
  12 {Default} );>   > SecondaMM:=Input("SecondaMM", 2
  {Minimum}, 200 {Maximum}, 26 >   {Default}
  );>   > Trigger:=Input("Trigger",2 {Minimum}, 200
  {Maximum}, 9{Default} );>   > >
  > MediaFast:=Mov(C ,PrimaMM ,E )/C*100;>   >
  MediaSlow:=Mov(C,SecondaMM,E )/C*100;>   > Macd1:=
  MediaFast - MediaSlow;>   > MediaMacd:=Mov(Macd1
  ,Trigger,E );>   >
  Isto:=Macd1-MediaMacd;>   > >   >
  -------------------------------------------------------------------->
  ------------>   > >   >
  >   > When indicator value is zero, than Macd should be in
  a flat >   condition.>   > Do you think
  is correct relativize macd hystogram in such a way?>   >
  >   > R.>   > >
  > >   > PS>   > sorry for italian
  notation... Media = moving average> >
  >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor