[Metastockusers] Re: Macd condition

Robin,

Using a relative or normalized indicator would be useful if as you
say you are measuring an indicator that is price related. In the case
of the macd, it is the difference between a short moving average and
a longer moving average. You are using the value of the difference.

That's not to say that you couldn't use a relative MACD just that it
is not necessary.

Preston

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood" <robinhood@xxxx>
wrote:
> Preston, I'm looking for a "relative macd" becasuse this indicator
woyld be useful for me in a trading system formula which will be
applied to stocks with different absolute prices. So I need something
different - and relative - from macd (the moving averages of wich
depend from the price of stock) in order to apply mi trading ideas.

> r.
>

>   Robin,
>
>   Great ideas! A "Relative MACD" and a MACD are two completely
>   different animals. If you want to see when the MACD is flat there
is
>   no need to make it relative.
>
>   The use of absolute ISTO is a good idea. It actually saves a few
>   steps and allows for both the positive and negative comparison at
the
>   same time. I would change the less than argument to less than
equal
>   to, like this:
>
>   If(HHV(Abs(Isto),3)<= 0.4,0,1)
>
>   You might also want to look at ROC as a percentage.
>

>   Preston
>

>   --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood"
<robinhood@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   > Looking for something that let me know when Macd is in flat
>   condition, I tried to make relative and not absolute Macd
hystogram.
>   > This, becasuse of may idea was to see when it is around zero
point
>   for every stock and for more than one day.
>   >
>   > So, this is my code.
>   >
>   >
>   > ----------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   ------------
>   >
>   >
>   > PrimaMM:=Input("PrimaMM",2 {Minimum}, 200{Maximum}, 12
{Default} );
>   > SecondaMM:=Input("SecondaMM", 2 {Minimum}, 200 {Maximum}, 26
>   {Default} );
>   > Trigger:=Input("Trigger",2 {Minimum}, 200 {Maximum}, 9
{Default} );
>   >
>   > MediaFast:=Mov(C ,PrimaMM ,E )/C*100;
>   > MediaSlow:=Mov(C,SecondaMM,E )/C*100;
>   > Macd1:= MediaFast - MediaSlow;
>   > MediaMacd:=Mov(Macd1 ,Trigger,E );
>   > Isto:=Macd1-MediaMacd;
>   >
>   >
>   > If(HHV(Abs(Isto),3)<0.4,0,1)
>   >
>   >
>   > ----------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   ------------
>   >
>   >
>   > When indicator value is zero, than Macd should be in a flat
>   condition.
>   > Do you think is correct relativize macd hystogram in such a way?
>   >
>   > R.
>   >
>   >
>   > PS
>   > sorry for italian notation... Media = moving average
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511