[Metastockusers] Re: More Clayburg - Forward References

Jay,
I understand that the value is at least 3 days old so on a chart it
looks good, but as Roy said in an exploration it will kick it out
due to the fact that there is no AVAILABLE DATA to run on, so there
is the problem in your explorations.

I helped cleanup and recode the DeMark Sequential expert, and I got
it to plot the numbers and setups and I thought it was great.
A few months ago I went back and really scanned it and found that
the original code was written using a forward Ref in a few descrete
lines and it affected every line of code thereafter, the expert in
my opinion is useless due to the fact that the 9th bar shows up 9
bars to late to make a profitable trade.

I will never use a forward Ref function in any of my formulas, most
formulas have some lag built into them, there is no sense to add any
more.

If you really want to use a prior value to enter a trade then scan
the forums for my 3 bar net expert.

you will have to do some work!

Henry

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JayTownsend@xxxx wrote:
> I do appreciate those who have posted Clayburg type Reference
inputs with
> backward references only.  I still prefer the forward references
because it isn't
> referencing anything beyond the current price bar.  There are no
bars
> available in forward referencing so there won't be any symbols
returned for today's
> data.
>
> All that Clayburg is doing is establishing entry and stop points
based on
> past price activity.  In Clayburg's world they don't become entry
points unless
> you also have an oscillator signal or signal combination along
with price
> action that surpasses one of these support or resistance points.
When you enter,
> these points then become trailing stop exits.  Though I've written
an Expert to
> portray these points visually, I haven't been successful in
writing an
> Exploration.
>
> Here is Clayburg's support that I put in an Expert using a
graphics symbol of
> "2."  I find it easier to read than those the have been posted
with all
> backward references.
>
> L < Ref(L ,+1) AND L < Ref(L ,+2) AND Ref(L ,-1) > L AND Ref(L ,-
2) > L

> Readability is important to me because I will often leave a
formula for
> months and then come back to it and wish it to be understandable.
Yes, comments

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511