RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Dissapearing Favourites

Thanks
Ron, may I ask.. how does one access the favourites file, I wasn't aware it was
an actual file.. rather just a set of pointers?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>thanks, Mike

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ron
  [mailto:ronber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, 25 November 2003 1:30
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Dissapearing FavouritesI have
  had the same experience. Only suggestion Tech Support had was to backup
  the Favorites file.Mike Loveday wrote:> A very
  peculiar problem occurs from time to time... I'm using > Metastock
  7.22, I have setup 4 favourites folders... with varying > charts in
  each one (never more than a dozen in 3, the 4th is a search > folder so
  can have up to 400 but only for the hour or two while I'm > working
  through them).> Every now and then either the entire contents of one of
  the favourites > folders simply "dissapears", or sometimes the entire
  folder! I've just > noticed this morning one of the four folders is
  gone altogether. I > have no idea what causes this, it catches me off
  gaurd so have been > unable to trap any particular set of circumstances
  that may be causing > this.> What I can gather, is that the
  favourites thing is like "virtual" > stoage of sorts, they are not
  physical files just pointers or > shortcuts. It also seems to be very
  processor intensive so I do try to > keep contents in this area to a
  bare minimum.> Anyone seen this befroe and recommend any possible
  useage modifcation > to avoid it?>  > cheers,
  Mike>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor> ADVERTISEMENT> Click
  to learn more... > <<A
  href="">http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cshgq2k/M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705375617:HM/EXP=1069808520/A=1750744/R=0/*http://servedby.advertising.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1069722120045380>
  to:>
  equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>>
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service >
  <<A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.