Re: [Metastockusers] Re: More Clayburg - Forward References

I do appreciate those who have posted Clayburg type Reference inputs with backward references only.  I still prefer the forward references because it isn't referencing anything beyond the current price bar.  There are no bars available in forward referencing so there won't be any symbols returned for today's data.

All that Clayburg is doing is establishing entry and stop points based on past price activity.  In Clayburg's world they don't become entry points unless you also have an oscillator signal or signal combination along with price action that surpasses one of these support or resistance points.  When you enter, these points then become trailing stop exits.  Though I've written an Expert to portray these points visually, I haven't been successful in writing an Exploration.

Here is Clayburg's support that I put in an Expert using a graphics symbol of "2."  I find it easier to read than those the have been posted with all backward references.

L < Ref(L ,+1) AND L < Ref(L ,+2) AND Ref(L ,-1) > L AND Ref(L ,-2) > L

Readability is important to me because I will often leave a formula for months and then come back to it and wish it to be understandable.  Yes, comments work too, but if you can make the code readable that's a plus.

If you wish to make a rule for no forward references, than make that rule for yourself but don't impose that condition on others or on the list.  It's there.  It's worthwhile, and has an important and understandable function.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor