[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: JO and the Shill factor

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Donald Chapman

I read every piece that comes on this group. Don't let anyone chase
you off. You have been an invaluable source for those of us who lack
the ability to program and simply don't understand Metastocks lack of
concern for the users. In 1977 I learned how to program in Basic by
reading a program in the Feb 1977 issue of Byte magazine on options.
I translated every line of the program into English and became
proficient in programming because I bought the first computer in a
kit with a keyboard (Processor Technology Sol 20) because there were
no programs in existence back then. I programmed for all my friends
who bought computers then and know how much it was appreciated. Then
I was a 50 year old and could do it but now I'm 80 and no longer have
the capacity to learn the terrible language that Metastock uses.If
they used basic every user could become proficient. Don't quit on us
because you are an invaluable source of good information. Forget the
slings and arrows and continue to help us all.
Fred Cohen aka fredguru@xxxxxxxxx

<thedonald372000@xxxx> wrote:

> John,
>
> I have spent a great deal of time, reviewing all the postings
concerning one thing or another. I have never taken the time to
address any issues. But I feel a need to do so now. I for one regret
seeing you leave. I feel that those of us that know the difference
between MetaStock plug-ins such as Performance Systems Plus and ICE
will miss your input. ( I for one purchased ICE on your review, and I
am d-m happy I did.) I consider ICE to be one of my top three plug-
ins) For that I thank you JO. Perhaps those that I a need to cry can
continue their search for the holly grail else were. ( it's apparent
that many that post here our in search of it )

> Best Regards
>
> Donald
>

> manohohman <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Jay, you keep accusing
me of being a shill.

> Sorry but that's not right. I'm totally unrelated to any of the
> companies or the products I write about.
>
> However, I do post under more than one name depending on where I
> acess the site from.
>
> But you don't have to worry with whether I'm a Shill or not. I've
> decided to stop posting. I've stopped a couple of times in the past
> because of the work load of trying to do that, trade and
experiment.
> I'm going to concentrate on trading and experimenting so I can get
> more rest.
>
> Anyway I hope the support continues on this group.
>

> Good luck to all of you.
>
> JO (John)
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JayTownsend@xxxx wrote:
> > In a message dated 11/22/2003 11:44:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> > no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> > Interesting post. Let's see if I can figure this out. You don't
> like
> > a product, so you call the company and scream at them that the
> > product is WORTHLESS and that they have a SHILL on the site, and
> then
> > you're surprised when they react to you in a way that's not
> > satisfactory to you.
> > I'm not the least bit surprised in the reaction from ICE.  It
> represents
> > their total lack of interest in providing a worthwhile product.
> >
> > <<If you want to know how users feel about a particular item ask
> the
> > company what percentage of buyers ask for refunds after the
product
> > has been out for awhile.>>
> >
> > That in no way reflects the 'value' of a produce.  It is only
> through user
> boards that
> > you can determine the real value of a product.  I'm describing
the
> product as
> > worthless because to me that's what it is and I'm posting it on-
> list because the
> > SHILL has been SELLING it on-list for weeks.  How else can a
> potential user
> > make up his/her mind BEFORE purchase.  Asking the vendor for the
> number/per
> > cent of refunds without user input is not a very productive
> approach.  I have and
> > always will take user input over all other reviews, anytime.
> >
> > An ICE user.
> >
> > Jay
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Service.