[Metastockusers] More Clayburg - Forward References

Hi Guys

First off to Kevin, let me say that I appreciate your posts and my following
comments are not meant as a general criticism of your posts, or anyone
else's for that matter. A number on this forum may not agree with me and
that is your right.  However I feel strongly about one issue in particular,
and because of that I'm going to make the following comments.

I know nothing of the Clayburg method other than from looking at the code I
can see a similarity to Williams fractals.

What concerns me, and I know that Henry has already alluded to this in an
earlier post, is that there seems to be an insistence in including positive
references in the code that I've seen.

This is not good coding practice. Except for VERY specific circumstances,
one should NEVER use forward references in MetaStock. I can't stress that
strongly enough. There are a number of reasons for this, and our inability
to see into the future is the most obvious.

Virtually all code written using positive references can be rewritten with
negative references alone and still provide the same information in the same
timely manner.

If you are a beginner then my advice is NEVER use a positive reference
{Ref( x , + y )}. This should be regarded as a no-no.

If you are more advanced with MetaStock then my plea is that you don't post
code with forward references even if you choose to use it yourself. You know
its limitations but beginners don't.

Thank you

Roy

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511