[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: ICE A few things

I think Ice has a lot of possiblities for myself.  However I have a
few issues I have to work out.

1. I'm going to have to wait to get 8.01 in to see if that resolves my
optimzations not running issue.

2.  I hope the manual that comes with it explains a little more than
the 25 page manual that came with it on line.  But the on-line manual
has some empty pages in it so perhaps thats where I'm missing information.

3.  The on-line manual does not tell me how I take an optimization
with a formula I can't look at and move it to an expert system. I am
familiar with playing with and making expert systems. But one has to
have something to put into an expert system.  And optimization of a
formula I can't see,  don't understand how that helps me.

4. There was no explanantion about why the formulas are password
protected and the install password I was given on line does not allow
me to see the formulas.

Without seeing the formulas or having any base expert fromulas to work
with or anything in the on-line manual telling me how to deal with the
post optimization process, I don't see how ICE does what they claim it
can do.  Particularly the normalization of unbounded indicators.
That's got to be a little programming trick and you have to have that
formula in an expert system to take advanatge of the normalization and
optimization of an formerly unbounded indicator.

I'm hoping that a combination of getting 8.01 in and the offical
printed manual will resolve some of my issues and questions.  I'm now
wondering if, in  metastock 8.0 the entire program even unloads
iteself.  damn.  I had thought I was running with the latest version
of Metastock EOD, if nothing else at least this is going to get me up
to speed and resolve those stupid "trades cancled" issues built into
8.0 system tester.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511