RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] RE: How do you prevent multiple buy or sell arrows?

John Doe and Joe J.

Thank you for your constructive suggestions which sadly do not do what I
require.

I am trying to develop a strategy in part based on Stan Weinstein's book
"Secrets of Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets" which I found to be a very
good read. The principles contained therein are only suitable for
intermediate term trading.

I think the answer might have something to do with using Roy Larsen's
"latches" in some way. However this is as far as I have got so far ...

{BUY}
Buy:=  Fml( "#BUY1") AND Fml( "#BUY2");
Sell:= Fml( "#SELL1") OR Fml( "#SELL2");
BUY:= BUY AND Alert(BUY=0,2);
BUY

{SELL}
Buy:=  Fml( "#BUY1") AND Fml( "#BUY2");
Sell:= Fml( "#SELL1") OR Fml( "#SELL2");
SELL:= SELL AND Alert(SELL=0,2);
SELL

Buy and Sell conditions so far ...

{#BUY1}
ROC(Mov(CLOSE,150,W),5,%)>0
{#Buy2}
ASX:= Security("C:\METASTOCK\UK\FT Indices\ASX",CLOSE);
ROC(CLOSE/ASX,60,%)>0 {Good Comparative Relative Strength}
{#BUY3 not done yet but will probably make use a support or resistance
level}

{#SELL1}
ROC(Mov(CLOSE,150,W),5,%)<0
{#SELL2}
ASX:= Security("C:\METASTOCK\UK\FT Indices\ASX",CLOSE);
ROC(CLOSE/ASX,60,%)<0 {Poor Comparative Relative Strength}
{#SELL3 not done yet but will probably make use a support or resistance
level}

So far this seems to work but I suspect it is because the buy and sell
conditions are related to each other. In the final version of what I am
trying to do, the sell conditions will almost certainly have to be unrelated
to the buy conditions, not least because using a 150 day weighted MA
obviously results in sell signals which are too late.

Anyway, thanks again. I must stop now as I am about to fly off to New York
for a few days and have yet to pack!

"In every adversity there is the seed of a greater benefit"

Casimir

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511