[EquisMetaStock Group] Relative Volatility Index...RVI

Roy,

I'm pretty sure that Wilder used the ATR instead of the standard
deviation to calculate his volatility index, at least based on the
information from the Equis web site. I tried plugging in an ATR
instead of the Stdev into the formula and got better results but
still was not able to crack this nut.

I think the problem is in the RSI calculation and where it is
smoothed.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511