Re: [Metastockusers] Bollinger Bands

Hello,

Your observation is quite correct. Low volatility often begets high
volatility, a fact that underpins many options strategies.

Here is a formula for plotting the Bollinger Band Width (there are others):

( ( Mov( C,20,S) + (2 * ( Std( C,20 ) ) ) )- ( Mov( C,20,S) - ( 2 * ( Std(
C,20 ) ) ) ) ) / Mov( C,20,S) * 100

Create an exploration and decide upon your own threshold.

Regards,
Kevin

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511