  >From:
  <A title=kevin_barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Kevin
  To: <A
  title=Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 12:24
  PM
  Subject: Re: [Metastockusers] Bollinger
  Bands
  Hello,Your observation is quite correct. Low
  volatility often begets high volatility, a fact that underpins many
  options strategies.Here is a formula for plotting the Bollinger Band
  Width (there are others):( ( Mov( C,20,S) + (2 * ( Std( C,20 ) ) ) )-
  ( Mov( C,20,S) - ( 2 * ( Std( C,20 ) ) ) ) ) / Mov( C,20,S) *
  100Create an exploration and decide upon your own
  threshold.Regards,KevinAt 07:02 09/11/2003 +0000, you
  wrote:>>Hi!>>I have noticed that when Bollinger
  Bands (I mean the upper and lower>line) get very close together, there
  will soon be a very sharp move>either up or down.>>Are
  there any explorations that finds those stocks that have the>bands
  close together? (situation before the BIG
  move).>>>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an
  email
  to:>Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx>>>>Your
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/To