[Metastockusers] Re: Metastock and other software

I simply have to agree henry, I quit buying "new"  stuff a few years
back except M.S upgrades (why not that is the only software I use on
a continuous basis) The only plug in that even remotely looks worth
a ..... might be the BB one as it seems to really try hard to find
good trades.... after spending "x" amount on different systems I
started noticing that I could "come up with better" so a
little "elbow grease" so to speak and I am now pulling profits....

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxx>
wrote:
> This is a down to earth and valuable posting.
>
> As you imply, simpler is better.
>
> Lionel

VB,
> C++,Amibroker language, just try and code! Just like cars, some
> handle better than others. Some are Caddilacs, some are escorts,
The
> question should be, Does it get you to where you want to go?
>
> I still use Metastock as my primary charting package,because of
the
> ease of use, I have discontinued the use of the system tester to
> find profitable "Holy Grails" and have consentrated on my trading
> skills.Thankyou Robert C. Miner, Joe Dinapoli, Tushar Chande.
>
> Let the market tell you when to take your profits and don't force
> system into telling you what you want to hear!
>
> I Use the expert feature of Metastock to show the true system test
> plotted in real trading bars and not like a "system on a moving
> average" with Moving average falloff.
> I get my signals and alerts. The system tester has to many
variables
> that affect's the outcome.
>
> Many new software vendors claim outstanding results, but each
vendor
> has a different way as to how they calculate gains.
>
> Martingdales, multiple buys, partial sells,pyramids, money
> management,options,straddles,hedges,Easy Money!!!!!
> Just click on your CDrom DVD Burner and wait for the 100 dollar
> bills to stream out when the tray opens.
>
> I consider myself as an advanced user who will continue to learn
new
> ways to find profits.
>
> Metastock has now gone into a Demo mode with the newest add-on
which
> is available for an extra purchase.
>
> Do I like their new marketing ploy? No! But at least I get to play
> with it before I Buy it.
>
> The "Market" has changed and it forces you as a trader to adapt
your
> style into new and better ideas.
>
> I hope that the members become more enlightened with this post,
and
> learn the strengths and weakness of their software.
>
> Henry Z Kaczmarczyk
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2596658.3969980.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=1
705