RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Bug MS 8

Points to follow:

1) my MS doesn't plot chart. It plots only if I press 'plot on chart' in
'result details view.

Joe:  I'm not sure why that is an issue.  Just click on the button if
you want to plot it.

2) I cannot delete OPT in Enhanced System Tester (when I restart EST it
reappears!)
Equis support reply to me:
    This is a known problem that has been reported to our programmers.
    For now, the only workaround is to remove the system and recreate
it. It
    should be corrected in a forth coming maintenance release

Joe:  Agreed. I've run into this as well.

3) The EST donesn't plot In Layout. Never! It opens its relative
smartcharts

Joe:  Just save the chart as a Smart Chart before you run your test and
you'll get the plot on the same chart.  Keep in mind that the system
tester can now run on multiple securities and timeframes all at the same
time so there is some give and take here.  You can now run the system
tester on charts you don't even have open.  Thus, I can follow the logic
used by the EST in plotting using the Smart Chart when you call it up.

4) One of the changes made for the new System Tester is that percentage
inputs on the Stops dialog will only accept integers, (no fractional
amounts).

Joe:  An easy work around for this is to use the OPT variable for your
stops and then in the OPT screen, enter the fractional amount (decimal
amount).  That screen accepts them.

And....

When I use the System Tester (daily) in ver. 8.0 I have a close trade
and in the same day an open trade (if there is the condition for open a
trade).
Ver7 works differently: it closes the old trade and doesn't open a new
trade in the same day (this last trade was lost).
There are no options for solve my problem, but there are the new
functions "simulation"... Can I use those for my problem?

Joe:  There are times when you may want your system to reenter though.
I'm not sure if this will help or not but check the help files under the
Portfolio Bias (single/mult) and Position Limits which are both in the
system builder editor screen.

Additionally, if you are closing the trade based on a line of code
(i.e., close is < 20 EMA), then you can just program this in to your buy
to not enter the same day as an exit occurs.  For example you might say
enter long when:

Your long signal is true
AND
Close >= 20 EMA

I know going from 7.2 to 8.0 can be a bit frustrating at first but give
8.0 some time.  I think MS has made some nice changes to the system
tester.  I really like the ability to set indicator based stops,
breakevens, and profit targets and have the system tester exit at those
prices and not at the close of the bar.

Good Trading,

Joe J.

Best.