research before buying ms prof real time

What are some of the difficulties you encountered at the beginning of using it?

I received a set of books by Alexander Elder from a very kind online trader in 1999.  After spending long hours translating it,  I understand if I want to survive trading, I need to have a personal mechanical system that I set up myself.
And I need a good charting software that I know how to use to set up this personal trading system. I have very little math education.  Language skill poor.  Techno stupid, but catching up....lately,through the help from this list, have set up the required hardware.

I am trying to estimate how high is the mountain before I decide to climb.

TYIA!