Accessing MS/Reuters data files in VBA

Has anybody developed, or knows where to get, a VBA/VB/C/C++ routine that
reads the MS/Reuters data files?

Right now I copy the Security Chart data (.csv) to Excel but I would like
to automate security selection so that I can eventually run my system
independent from MS.

MS Is great for exploratory work and is an absolute marvelous teaching
tool, however formula size & variable limitations, and the lack of Equity
data (the Equity array cannot be accessed in formulae) makes it impossible
to develop a MS system that maintains multiple Equities and adapts on the
fly to market conditions/trends.

Any hints/tips on how to get Reuters stock data into Excel without running
MS would be much appreciated.

Happy Trading,
Herman.