  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 5:07
  PM
  Subject: RE: God & War Off
Topic

  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>James
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>Perhaps the question is not to respond or not. Rather, perhaps the
  question is from where we respond and how. Perhaps we respond coming from
  love, not anger. Perhaps we respond with wisdom. A broad attack on Muslims
  would act to polarize them in the same way this attack has polarized us. It
  seems critical that moderate Muslims be incorporated into the coalition. If
  not, I suspect, this will be WWIII with huge loss of life on all
  sides.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>neo

  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #008080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
    owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
    Behalf Of James WolfSent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 3:31
    PMTo: MetastockSubject: RE: God & War Off
    Topic
    Neo,
    I understand your concern and you certainly are
    not alone with these thoughts.

    However, if we choose to not respond, then we
    truely do ourselves an injustice in the sight of God because we have
    not used our resources to protect this nation against unGodly terrorists
    that are out to destroy us.  That this tension does exist is
    normal, it forces us to examine ourselves and put into perspective the
    evil deeds done to us.  If we choose not to respond, we are not
    being good stewards of the country that God has provided us
    with.
    <FONT face=Arial
    size=2>
    Our response to this must be first and foremost
    the preservation of our nation, if we choose not to respond, then what is
    inevitable is biological and nuclear warfare.  In other words, we
    have been served an appetizer;  the planned dinner has yet to
    be served.

    Certainly, uncontrolled anger is a typical
    response and must be dealt with, yet anger itself sometimes is a necessary
    way of dealing with trials and tribulations.  Something to consider:
    How can anger be something God does not want us to experience
    when even Christ felt and acted on anger against those who did as
    little as exchanging money in the temple?

    If God is testing us now, it is in how we
    respond to our neighbors who are real the victims of this
    violence.
    How we react to those in need, is how God
    expresses Himself though us.

    The leaders of this nation need our
    prayers as they too seek answers in these troubling
    times.

    James

    > Throughout history groups have used God to
    support acts of violence and
    > killing.
    >
    > Although I am not a biblical expert, as I
    recall, Jesus said something to
    > the effect of 'if your enemy hits one
    cheek offer the other'. The
    > message of
    > Jesus was peace and love, that all people
    are God's children.
    > Even in Jesus'
    > last days, he took the torture and death
    without action against his
    > tormentors.
    >
    > I am greatly grieved by the recent
    violence and feel anger.

    > I am having trouble reconciling the words
    and actions of Jesus and his
    > message of love with us acting out our
    anger with more violence
    > and killing.
    >
    > I wonder if God's test here is what we
    feel and do. Perhaps this world is
    > really not important. Perhaps the test is
    to see if we take this and allow
    > it to fill us with anger and act out with
    violence and killing, or, to
    > dissolve the anger and act with
    forgiveness, peace, and love.

    > Any constructive thoughts would be