have family who probably don't know about that part of their lives but
will be able to provide valuable information to those trying to keep
track of and thwart these cells.
At 9/15/2001 05:07 PM, neo wrote:
James

Perhaps the question is not to
respond or not. Rather, perhaps the question is from where we respond and
how. Perhaps we respond coming from love, not anger. Perhaps we respond
with wisdom. A broad attack on Muslims would act to polarize them in the
same way this attack has polarized us. It seems critical that moderate
Muslims be incorporated into the coalition. If not, I suspect, this will
be WWIII with huge loss of life on all sides.

neo

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of James Wolf
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 3:31 PM
To: Metastock
Subject: RE: God & War Off Topic

Neo,
I understand your concern and you certainly are not alone with these
thoughts.

However, if we choose to not respond, then we truely do ourselves an
injustice in the sight of God because we have not used our resources to
protect this nation against unGodly terrorists that are out to destroy
us.  That this tension does exist is normal, it forces us to examine
ourselves and put into perspective the evil deeds done to us.  If we
choose not to respond, we are not being good stewards of the country that
God has provided us with.

Our response to this must be first and foremost the preservation of
our nation, if we choose not to respond, then what is inevitable is
biological and nuclear warfare.  In other words, we have been served
an appetizer;  the planned dinner has yet to be
served.

Certainly, uncontrolled anger is a typical response and must be dealt
with, yet anger itself sometimes is a necessary way of dealing with
trials and tribulations.  Something to consider: How can anger be
something God does not want us to experience when even Christ felt and
acted on anger against those who did as little as exchanging money in the
temple?

If God is testing us now, it is in how we respond to our neighbors
who are real the victims of this violence.

How we react to those in need, is how God expresses Himself though
us.

The leaders of this nation need our prayers as they too seek answers
in these troubling times.

James

> Throughout history groups have used God to support acts of
violence and
> killing.
>
> Although I am not a biblical expert, as I recall, Jesus said
something to
> the effect of 'if your enemy hits one cheek offer the other'.
The
> message
of
> Jesus was peace and love, that all people are God's
children.
> Even in
Jesus'
> last days, he took the torture and death without action against
his

tormentors.

> I am greatly grieved by the recent violence and feel
anger.

> I am having trouble reconciling the words and actions of Jesus
and his
> message of love with us acting out our anger with more
violence
> and
killing.

> I wonder if God's test here is what we feel and do. Perhaps this
world is
> really not important. Perhaps the test is to see if we take this
and allow
> it to fill us with anger and act out with violence and killing,
or, to
> dissolve the anger and act with forgiveness, peace, and
love.

> Any constructive thoughts would be
appreciated.