RE: need networking help

What
is wrong with IIS services that is included with W2K, it is also included in 98
last edition.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>M.

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
  Behalf Of David DeFinaSent: donderdag 30 augustus 2001
  17:01To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: need
  networking helpImportance: High

  <FONT face=Arial color=navy size=2
  FAMILY="FIXED"><SPAN
  style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">The
  easiest way to make it work is to use a proxy server such as <A
  href="http://www.winproxy.com/";>www.winproxy.com <SPAN
  style="mso-spacerun: yes"> (free 30 day trial, then $50 I believe
  for 3 users).  After you load the
  software on one of the computers, you just point your browser and email
  programs to the IP address of the computer running the Winproxy program, or
  setup a gateway and then it will automatically connect the two computers.<SPAN
  style="mso-spacerun: yes">  Winproxy acts as a firewall, virus
  detector, cache, and allows multiple computers to be connected to one computer
  source.  You should put two
  network cards in the main computer, 1 for the DSL connection and 1 for the
  network connection to the hub (you can get them for $25).<SPAN
  style="mso-spacerun: yes">  On the DSL card, you enter the IP
  address of your ISP to connect to DSL, and the second you enter the IP address
  you&#8217;d like for the computer.  This
  IP Address is what the other computer points
  to.
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN
  style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN
  style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">Putting
  the DSL straight into the hub doesn&#8217;t allow you to access the one IP address
  for DSL on both computers at the same time, and doesn&#8217;t allow the firewall to
  protect your network.  You can get
  a Firewall Router, but this cost a little more money than doing it the way I
  explained above.  Good luck, Dave
  D.
  <FONT face=Arial color=navy
  size=2><SPAN
  style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">
  <SPAN
  style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">-----Original
  Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]<SPAN
  style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">On Behalf Of
  MayTseshuyan1@xxxxxxx<SPAN
  style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Sent: Aug 29, 2001 6:53 PM<SPAN
  style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<SPAN
  style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Subject: OT: need networking
  help
  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=3><SPAN
  style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt">
  <FONT face="Courier New"
  color=black size=3><SPAN
  style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'">I have, with
  same phone company, one dsl account, one phone line with a filter.
   The arrangement is dsl company will give ta support to the main
  computer, no support for networking computers. My two computers
   are one Dell+win2000, one compaq+win98se. Since I intend to put
  metastock on the win98se, I treat that as main computer.  Took son
  & I almost 2 days, with the help of dsl company,to bring cpq online.
  Win2k came with fast ethernet card already inside the tower.  We
  have no problem linking it up to the same dsl modem thru a 4port hub and
  the right rj45 patch cable.  But I discover: 2 conditions w2k will
  fail to go online: (1) if I shut off the computer after I go online, when
  I want to return, it will not go online; (2) if cpq is online, w2k will
  not be able to go online; Where is
  it I have done wrong? Son & I are just like two blind men groping in
  the dark..... Thank you very much.
     <SPAN
  style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-color-alt: windowtext">