RE: need networking help

FAMILY=FIXED><span style='font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>The easiest way to make it work is to use a proxy server
such as www.winproxy.com <span
style="mso-spacerun: yes"> (free 30 day trial, then $50 I believe
for 3 users).  After you load the
software on one of the computers, you just point your browser and email programs
to the IP address of the computer running the Winproxy program, or setup a
gateway and then it will automatically connect the two computers.<span
style="mso-spacerun: yes">  Winproxy acts as a firewall, virus
detector, cache, and allows multiple computers to be connected to one computer
source.  You should put two network
cards in the main computer, 1 for the DSL connection and 1 for the network
connection to the hub (you can get them for $25).<span style="mso-spacerun:
yes">  On the DSL card, you enter the IP address of your ISP to
connect to DSL, and the second you enter the IP address you&#8217;d like for the
computer.  This IP Address is what
the other computer points to.

style='font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>

style='font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Putting
the DSL straight into the hub doesn&#8217;t allow you to access the one IP address
for DSL on both computers at the same time, and doesn&#8217;t allow the firewall to
protect your network.  You can get
a Firewall Router, but this cost a little more money than doing it the way I
explained above.  Good luck, Dave
D.

style='font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>

10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;color:black'>-----Original Message-----